Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Healthy Eats: Vegan Lemon Cake


Last week, I ate one of the amazing lemon cake in a coffee shop which I'm sure it's full of sugar and all those yummy evil. Of course most of the time I can't expect of eating out with the most healthy food all the time. Then it got me thinking maybe I can make it myself in some kinda of healthy twist. When I mention "vegan", a lot of people have been wondering if I'm going vegan because I have been posting quiet a few vegan food. And the answer is "Yes, I am" But I'm still in progress and not ready to be 100% vegan. There are some times when I couldn't find vegan restaurant anywhere and ended up eating meat.

Long story short, I'm still in the progress of going vegan. Probably most of my meal I'd say 90% of them are vegan. I'm not on my way working on going fully vegan. Probably when I'm fully ready, I'll share my story and thoughts on that. I also have been trying making a lot of vegan food myself. I'm definitely enjoying it.

Okay, back to the lemon cake.
It's super simple and easy which only required a few ingredients.

What you need:
- Flour (I used buckwheat flour)
- Baking powder
- Flax seed
- 2 apples
- Cinnamon
- 2 lemons
- Date syrups
- dash of Soy milk

Direction:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C 
- First thing to do is to puree 2 apples by blend them in the food processor/ blender.
- Then, grate 2 lemons (which I don't have and I ended up cut the skin into small chunks).
- Mix the flax seed with some water
- After messy part done, mix the dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and grated lemon zest) in a mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients (apple puree, flax seeds, date syrup squeeze of 1 lemon).
- Then mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- While mixing, add the soy milk into the mixture and combine well.
- Transfer the mixture in a baking tin line with parchment paper.
- Bake for 40 mins or until toothpick insert comes out clean.
- Let it cool for at least 20 mins before cutting it.
- Enjoy

For the drizzle, which I was totally forgot to do, basically combine coconut sugar with lemon juice and drizzle on to the cake while the cake still hot.
Tip : Poke a few hole on the cake to allow the lemon juice to drip into the cake.


Any suggestion for next healthy eats?
xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fretty Anggeni. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig