Sunday, March 23, 2014

HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZEL


I've been trying to eat as healthy as I could but somehow I still couldn't resist some desserts. As much as I love Auntie Anne's pretzel but in where I lived I couldn't find any. So I thought I could try to make some, and surprisingly it turned out really good, although it doesn't seem so from the look. But hey, don't judge the book from its cover! I guess I still need some practices.


HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZEL
Ingredients:
- 600 gr of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 sachets of Dry Active Yeast
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 375 ml of lukewarm water
- 75 gr of Baking Soda
- 2 egg yolk

Direction:
> In a small bowl, dissolve the dry active yeast into the warm water and stir. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until it    foamy. ( If it doesn't create any foam, repeat with a new yeast )
> In a larger bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and mix them together. In the center create a well, then            combine oil and the yeast mixture little by little while kneading. Knead until it form a smooth dough. It may    takes 8-10 minutes.
> Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough then cover with a cling wrap. Let it rise in a warm place for 1-2        hours.
>  Preheat the oven to 230°C/ 450°F. Line the baking sheet with some parchment paper and lightly brush        with oil then set aside.
> In the meantime, divide the dough into 10 smaller ball and place it onto lightly floured surface.
> Start roll the ball into a half inch thick rope. Make a U-shape with the rope, holding the end, cross it them      over each other twice and press onto the bottom to create the shape of pretzel. To join the end, give some    water to let them glue together. Put on the parchment paper.
> In a pot, simmer some water with 75 gr baking soda. Drop the pretzels for 30 seconds. Remove it with the    spatula and place back to the parchment paper.
> Beat 2 egg yolk and brush the top of the pretzels.
> Sprinkle with some salt or sugar (optional)
> Bake for 10-12 minutes , and let it cool for 5 minutes in a cooling rack.


Finally I got my craving satisfied, although I must say it may take some times and toward the ends I was too lazy and tried to get creative by glaze some nutella and powdered sugar. I also getting tired and decided to shape it into ball with the remaining dough and add some chocolate chips as well.
It tasted so yummy and makes a great gifts to friends and family. Also perfect for afternoon tea!

XO
-F-



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fretty Anggeni. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig