Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Let's talk about gut health!


Ever since I discovered that I have been suffering with bloating my whole life, I have been doing tons of research trying to heal my gut health. From doctors, books, articles, even down to youtube videos , I tried to educate myself and understand  the real roots of the problems.

According to natural medicine doctor and nutrition practitioner, Dr Axe's new book "Eat Dirt: Why Leaky Gut May Be the Root Cause of Yout Health Proble and 5 Surprising Steps to Cure it.", nearly 80% of the population have leaky guts and people don't even realize it. Leaky gut syndrome is the root cause of a litany of ailment, including: chronic inflmmation, allergies, autoimmune disease, hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, diabetes and even arthritis


Our gut health rely on trillions of microorganism that lives in our digestive tracks. When our digestive system is out of whack, our health problem will start to come to surface which allowing the undigested food particles, and bad bacteria go into our blood system. That's when we face as we called leaky gut syndrome.

Dr Axe identified the 5 main gut types :

1. Candida Gut
An overgrowth of yeast in the digestive tract - which is related to dampness in the body (like eating too much sugar, dairy and wheat).
Ways to heal : Eat lots of soup and stews with combination of starchy veggies;  incorporate fermented food; taking probitotics.

2. Gastric Guts
Slow moving digestive systems - which as a result anything that hamper the digestion (like not chewing food properly, overeating that might led to issue like gas, bloating and acid reflux)
Ways to heal : Eat smaller meals more frequently; eat and chew food slowly, load up on bitter veggies, and herbs; taking some digestive enzymes before each meals.

3. Stressed Gut
Adrenal Fatigue - your stress hormones are constantly pumping which cause blood flows away form your gut. It will often cause sleep issue, decreased libido, and trouble focusing.
Ways to heal: Eat salty, dark color food; Reduce stress ; take some B vitamin and adaptogen supplements.

4. Immune Gut
Food sensitivity and intolerances usually to gluten and dairy.
Ways to heal: Keeping food dairy to analyze the food that cause the allergies and trying to eliminate certain food group; Supplement with SBO probiotics and L-glutamine.

5. Toxic Gut
Neurological distress - which usually caused by highly processed or fast food.
Ways to heal: Eat an abundance whole food diet with tons of raw greens and fruits; incorporate meditation and get more sleep.

Those are the simple summary I can make after reading the books. I would consider myself fallen to three out of the types above. I myself am on my way to heal my own gut health.
There are tons of tips I gather and tried which have work significantly great to my body for instance - taking more fermented food, incorporate prebiotics & probiotics  food , and self love (which basically like lifestyle changes to heal my soul mind). I will share more as we go along because I can go on forever about it.

All and all, no matter what gut type, it's beneficial to incorporate some prebiotics & probiotics superfood and a good amount of fiber into our diet. Plus they all can be super tasty! I will be definitely sharing more recipes on those.

How's your gut health doing?
You can take a quick gut quiz by Dr Axe if you are still unsure about yours.

XX

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Fretty Anggeni. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig